Welcome to the community wiki of DEMUX Framework. Here you can find documentation, tutorials, articles and other helpful content to help you get the most out of DEMUX Framework.
DEMUX Framework allows developers to use single code base to build applications for desktop, web and mobile and embedded devices. It also provides modular architecture based on OSGI which provides code reuse among all these application types. For example, you may package common functionality into an OAGi bundle, and deploy it on desktops, web servers, Android devices etc. Currently, it is possible to build the following kinds of applications with DEMUX Framework:
- Desktop GUI applications based on JavaFX (run on WIndows Mac OS X, Linux)
- Console based applications with interactive shell (run on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris)
- Android applications
- web applications based on JSF
The following application types are under development and should be available soon:
- iOS applications
DEMUX Framework provides the following features in addition to those mentioned above:
- MVC pattern implementation for clear separation of concerns between components
- Maven based projects with preconfigured build system (easily created from archetypes)
- IDE integration through Maven
- deployment to all supported platforms through native installers
- native launchers for all supported desktop platforms
How to get started
We suggest that you start with working through our Tutorials collection. After that, you can go over Articles collection which describes some features of DEMUX Framework in more detail. You can see answers to common questions in our FAQ list.
Installing DEMUX Framework
All framework artifacts are available in Maven Central repository, so no installation is required. They can be used with any Maven project. Furthermore, we provide Maven archetypes which create project structure for building DEMUX Framework application. You can fin out more about project structure on this page. Complete source code and API documentation are also available as Maven artifacts, so they can be used in your IDE.
If you want to install binary distribution on your computer, you can find all available version on our BitBucket download page. This is ZIP archive which contains all modules, source code, Javadoc and code sample. Simply unzip this anywhere on your computer and that's it.
To start working with DEMUX Framework, the following software is required:
- Operating system which supports JavaFX (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
- JDK 7 or higher with JavaFX 2.2 or higher. From JDK 7, JavaFX is bundled with JDK
- Apache Maven 3.0 or higher
- Apache Ant 1.8 or higher